We have experience on the full range of training that encourages lifestyle change and we deliver training in two main cohorts.
- We deliver skills based training to frontline workers who have direct contact with clients as part of their role.
- We offer training that increases the capacity and sustainability of services within their role of health improvement.
Training courses for frontline workers include both information and skills development:
- Public Health evidence based topic information on smoking, alcohol, healthy eating, mental health and well-being, weight management and physical activity.
- Behaviour change training including developing essential skills to deliver:
- Offering brief advice
- Longer brief interventions
- Motivational interviewing techniques
- How to raise the issue of weight/smoking/alcohol/ using a non-judgemental approach.
Capacity building courses include:
- A train the trainer programme to cover the topics lists above. This course facilities services and organisations to continue with their own training further increasing capacity.
- A two day creative group work skills for designing and delivering group based health improvement programmes.
- A Workplace Health and Well-being Champion’s course – this course enables attendees to promote and encourage the adoption of healthy lifestyles within the organisation.
To discuss our requirements and how we can help you achieve your project goals please get in touch.